There are many disadvantages of purchasing a fake Tiffany jewelry for personal use or for giving away to a family member.
The number of people who purchase this type of jewelry increases over the years and the imitations offered in the market are becoming better.
One of the most affected jewelers for this type of activity is the Tiffany brand.
Just by entering the word Tiffany in Google you can see dozens of websites,
that claim to sell pieces of this brand at a lower price and although the offer sounds very tempting,
The most likely is that piece is false. That is why in this article we are going to name the basic rules
for identifying the fake Tiffany jewelry and what its disadvantages are.
Rules for identifying a fake Tiffany jewelry
- First of all, it is essential to have confidence in the person who sells it, has a place for the public and has a long time in the market.
- We should never rely on a certificate issued by the store. A diamond must always be accompanied by the certificate of an independent and objective gemological laboratory.
- To make an accurate valuation we will need a magnifying glass of 10 magnifications, only this way we can appreciate the imperfections and determine the degree of purity of a precious stone.
- As for weight, one carat equals 200 milligrams.
- Gold and silver must carry two maracas, one from the manufacturer and another from the contract laboratory.
- Unlike the false pearls, the good reflect the light from the inside,
and in addition, being an organic jewel when we touch it takes the temperature of our body.
We explained many other Ways to Identify An Original Tiffany Jewelry in our earlier article to help out our readers.
Disadvantages of fake Tiffany jewelry
- When purchasing fake Tiffany jewelry you will be violating a number of copyright laws.
- There are a large number of countries where buying counterfeit products is a crime that is punishable by law; it can be a strong penalty or with jail.
- Another disadvantage is that this type of fake jewelry is made with low-quality materials and its manufacturing process on some occasions can be neglected.
- Most companies that contain fake Tiffany products are funded by criminal organizations so buying these products, consciously or unconsciously helps with money laundering.
The most important thing to keep in mind when buying fake Tiffany jewelry is,
that it can bring us serious health problems since manufacturing them with low-quality products or cheap materials results in skin problems,
such as blisters, rashes or allergies. Many bright jewels contain toxic elements that are harmful to health
and it is impossible to determine with the naked eye the content of lead and cadmium in them.
Exposure to lead causes cognitive and brain problems, organ failure, and even death.
It mainly affects children under six years of age, but also adults, particularly pregnant mothers who pass it on to their babies.
That is why it is recommended not to use or buy fake Tiffany jewelry since cadmium is a carcinogen and its chronic ingestion can cause damage to the kidneys or bone problems.